Hi guys.

Harvey

Tuner
Car
Vectra CDTi 280/437
First post. Joined a while ago and browsed a few topics but not got round to posting.
I am interested in cars in general and Subarus and 1.9 CDTi/SRi 150 Vauxhall deisles in particular.
I currently have three Subaru Wagons, all 2 litre 422-600 bhp and one of these was a past winner of Scooby Shootout. I am currently building a 2.5 turbo Subaru engine for one of these cars above and I have an almost completed lightweight road STi Wagon 2.38 litre.
Heavily involved in modifying, tuning and mapping Subarus, WRX and STi.

My wife has an 06 Vauxhall Vecta 1.9 CDTi/SRi 150 deisle. This was 158 bhp and 235 ft lbs on the first visit to a DynoDynamics rolling road. I had little deisle tuning experience until a few months ago but a week ago on the same rollers we had 230 bhp and 335 lbs ft.
I know there is a bit more to come but need to find someone who can live map the car specifically for the modifications done so far.
The Vectra will still return 50 mpg on a run, driven with restraint and sensibly.

Cheers everybody.

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have some great projects on your hands so what's next mod going to be then?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Cheers Wayne. I am a bit stumped for knowledge on the Vectra deisle. If it was an Astra GTE or VXR that is a well beaten path but with the Vectra being a deisle there does not seem to be a lot of prior knowledge.
I have been told a BMW 530D turbo is the one to go for but on looking at a friends 530D I think that getting it to fit will be a job and a half. Apart from that they are only 230 bhp turbos. So I have looked at a few other turbos and think I need to stick with Vacum operated VNT as we want it spooling below 1500 rpm. I have just won a VW LT 35 van turbo. It is cheap enough to get and examine and move on if it is no good to me or packaging is a major headache.

Right now I wish I had a wealth of experience I do not yet have. Tuning Subarus for instance and by comparison is a doddle because I know what does and does not work and I fully understand the technology. :)
New ball game and big learning curve!!!
Yes. Hope I can pass on helpful info or knowledge in the areas I am familiar with.
Cheers.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back