Hi everyone

GBL

Hi everyone, I am new to modding so be kind.

I have a BMW 323ci coupe and the car came with 19" alloys on it. My questions is how do you tell how much lower the car will go as my car isn't lowered at all so there is a large gap between the tyres and the wheel arch.

I also intend to get an ECU chip and new exhaust system in the future, thanks for any advice.

GBL.

Hi GBL, welcome to TorqueCars! My Civic has been recently lowered 120mm (on 17s)...which before I saw and then drove it I thought it would be too much. You can have the arches rolled to fit the wheels inside. The car can be lowered as far as possible providing the wheels still turn. If you have adjustables fitted then you can always jack it back up a little bit.

Hey and welcome.
Think BMWs are had to lower that far prince.
guy a worked with for a while tried to lower his M3 by 40mm. got everyting fitted but had to buy more parts to adjut the camber as it was well off.

id say a 30mm drop would be sufficiant without haveing to get lots of work done to it

Thanks for the replies, so do I buy a kit of 30mm springs for all around? The car seems lower at the front than the back so it makes reversing quite difficult.

Thanks again

Go for a matched lowered springs and dampers kit to keep the handling spot on, if not coilovers. If you just put shorter springs on standard shock absorbers, the reduced travel in the springs could overload the shocks, reducing their lifespan and making your car feel horrible. Eibach are good, or for good quality, budget priced coilovers, see what Weitech can do for you.

Welcome to the site - really nice to have you along. Remember that your old springs and shocks are tired and the car is already sitting a little lower than standard. Overall though I think around 35mm is about right if you want to keep everything withing normal parameters.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back