Hi everyone

MickieH

Torque Junkie
Car
Probe 2.5L 24v V6
Just like to say hi to everyone, and what a great looking site you have here :cool: Still got lots of looking round to do, and looking forward to it.

My name is Mick, and I'm in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

I'm currently running around in an old 1.1 Fiesta (costs nothing in petrol to run :lol:) while my other car is off the road.

My other car is a 1995 2.5L Ford Probe which I ran until the end of last year when I took it off the road for some work to be done. She was a great buy at £200 as an MOT failure, but had only failed on rear brake pipes and front number plate cracked. These were sorted and went straight through. :bigsmile:

There was nothing wrong with her when I laid her up and she still runs fine, but just wanted to get some routine maintenance done, and a 'few' mods.

She's due a cambelt change as she's on 114,000 miles now, so she'll be having an engine overhaul, new piston rings, etc. and once that's done, I have a spare set of engine components that I've had powder coated to match the general colour scheme I'll be going with, which is green/black.

So far I have the inlet manifold, cam covers, fuel rails, and throttle body done, along with front and rear strut braces. Still got to get my cold air intake done to match. Going to be fitting some new slam panels and other parts to tidy up the bay.

She going to be de locked (starting that today) and I may remove the handles too, but haven't decided on that yet due to the positioning of the Probe's handles, right on the edge of the door panel.

Looking at fitting a passive remote entry/start system so no keys, locks, or ignition barrel.

Other cosmetics include removing the factory electric aerial and rear window wiper arm/washer nozzle and smoothing off. Already removed the bump strips down the sides.

I'd love to blend the wings with the bumper but seen so many cars where the flexing of the bumper has caused the filler to crack, so not sure on that one - still have to do some more reading, but any thoughts appreciated.

There's lots more to do, and now the nice weather is here, I'll be busy each weekend.

Once I'm happy with the look, and the engine has settled, I've also got the beginnings of a T70 turbo install, the manifolds, wastegate, and a front exit Powerflow exhaust, although the exhaust may be going. Whilst she's stripped out, I'm looking at fitting megasquirt ready for the turbo install. Not looking for massive gains, just the ability to add a bit extra, I like my gearbox and driveshafts in one piece :lol:

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the essay :lol:

Regards,
Mick.

A bit late to see this one so sorry but may I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Thanks for the welcome, Waynne.
icon_cool.gif

I've already posted up some, but not all ;), of my plans, and had some great comments, and advice from the people here, already.

Great site :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back