Hi All!!

Unicorn6571

Car
Hyundai Accent 1.5L
Hi All!!
My name is Pritesh and I am from Mumbai, India. I have always been a big fan and follower of motorsports and have taken part in quite a few Drag Racing Events in my country. I currently own and drive a Hyundai Accent. The following are details of my ride:
1.5L SOHC
Current Mods:
Custom header
Remus Exhaust
K&N Cold Air Intake
275 Piper Cams
Ported and Polished Head
Big Throttle
Iridium Plugs
Yokohama Nuevo 07 Tires
Future Mods:
Remapping
Lowering of Springs (maybe Eibach)
My car ran 16.97sec at the races earlier this year but that was without the cams.
Im hoping to get some good tips to have a fast NA street drivable car which will also perform well on track.

Hi there, good to have you along. I bet the cams have made a big difference. The only other things you can really do is gas flow the head, bigger valves, porting & polishing and a lighter flywheel.

Are there any local companies near you that offer remapping? It is best done by someone who knows what they are doing and preferably with a rolling road so they can set the car up. A remap should also be your last modification.

I bet you find it hard sourcing parts for the Accent in India? It's pretty tough over here getting parts for them.

We have one company called Race Dynamics and we also have Pete's tuning chip but unfortunately both have remappings for either diesels or cars like the skoda, honda and suzukis. I read about superchip having something for the 1.5 accent petrol-non turbo. Are they any good?? please advice. Thanks.

main problem would be the amount of work youve done would really need a custom map which would mean getting it on the rollers and fine tuned.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back