Hi All Just Started

dqwill

Car
Nissan/AlmeQG16 '04
Hi All, I just bought a stock Nissan Almera Singapore, 2004, QG16 Engine. It pretty run down now, was looking to see what i can do to soup it up, all tips are welcome, THANKS!!!!

Hi and welcome. I think that you may be the first member from Trinidad :)

A compression test to check that valves and piston rings are OK, then a change of spark plugs, filters and oil.

If everything is fine, a remap would spice it up a bit and improve fuel consumption. However, and without wishing to be rude, can you get remaps where you are?

Hi, awesome!!

I will ask around today, if and where it can be done here, any thoughts on suspension?

Thanks team!

I drive on a lot of bad roads going to and from work, so I guess doing mods to the suspension is what I'm looking at, also seeing what I can do to the stock QG16 engine, maybe the cold air intake and the 4-1 exhaust manifold?? Is that all that could be done to the stock engine?

Hello and welcome to Torque Cars. Happy New year to you, too. Nissans are generally pretty good at handling and ride, I ran a Primera for a number of years here in the (generally cold and slippery) UK. Not sure how much you can do with the engine but I have an idea that the 1.6 litre unit has been turbocharged at some point by Alfa Romeo in the late 1980s. I might be wrong about the exact model. Anyways, good to have folks on board, best regards, Paul.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

If the roads are bad stick with the standard ride height but get a good set of coilovers. You only want slightly firmer suspension but it will improve handling.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back