Hi All from new member - SAAB owner

wsarge

Car
Saab 900 turbo
Just a quick hello to all. I have recently joined the site after spending the last 12 months gradually improving my old Saab. Unfortunately any further upgrades will have to wait they get seriously expensive from now on.
1997 Saab 900 2.0 turbo convertible in Monte Carlo yellow

Engine:
Stage 3 Maptun ECU
3" JT downpipe and exhaust
K&N filter
Viggen cross flow intercooler
Forge wastgate actuator
Forge dumpvalve
Modified intake pipes
Oil catch can
Suspension:
Koni adjustable shocks
Abbott Racing springs
Uprated rear anti roll bar
Poly bushes
Steering rack clamp and brace.
Brakes:
EBC vented and grooved discs all round
"Green stuff" pads
17" wheels.

I think this is as far as I can go without improving the fuelling, and turbo all together. Next year perhaps

Wayne

Last edited:
Hiya
I've noticed a number of Saab fans on here. These forums were one of the references for me during the winter, whilst deciding what were the correct upgrades for my car

Cheers guys. Is it the same for everyone - the quest for better performance can become an obsession. The other half thinks that the constant jobs that need to be done on my car are essential. She thinks I should buy something reliable!!!!

Welcome, seems you have a serious tool there. I read the 2 ltr was much more free revving than the 2.3 and more smile inducing,,,,,,,smile away

Welcome, seems you have a serious tool there. I read the 2 ltr was much more free revving than the 2.3 and more smile inducing,,,,,,,smile away

Hi there. I see you are also a SAAB owner !! As far as I understand the 2.0 is more free revving than the 2.3, although the 2.3 will be more powerful ultimately. Money allowing, either engine can be tuned to nearly 500 bhp !! So I think I will be content with the 2.0 litre. My current set up produces in the region of 270 - 280 bhp. From now on its a case of diminishing returns, smaller increases in power for more money. My Saab is my only car and daily drive, my goal over the next 18 months is a reliable, economical 350 bhp. Which means new turbo, fuel system (injectors, pump, map sensor) and ECU again. I had best start saving again.

Cheers guys. Is it the same for everyone - the quest for better performance can become an obsession. The other half thinks that the constant jobs that need to be done on my car are essential. She thinks I should buy something reliable!!!!

Definately, you can never have enough power.:D

tcsmileysign.gif

I've just spotted that you are also from Deal and your name is Wayne (mine is Waynne) what an amazing coincidence!

I've just spotted that you are also from Deal and your name is Wayne (mine is Waynne) what an amazing coincidence!
Hiya. Yeah I've lived in Deal for 12 years now, great place to live. I will have to keep an eye out for a hot Audi A4
Cheers

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back