Hey!

lewis9111

Car
Corsa 1.8 SRi
Hey guys, new to the site, been on a lot before though reading various articles so thought it'd be better if i join to actually discuss ideas for the car rather than just read what I should do to it. Anyways looking forward to posting

Lewis

Hey guys, from Doncaster.

Well I have plans for the car, don't exactly no what though. I'm not the most practical guy lol I mean I listen in to what people are saying don't know how it all works but I figured what'll increase the performance of the motor. Can't quite afford to drop a turbo in ot ir have an engine conversion so just looking to do little bits and pieces that'll give me a few extra bhp here adn there. If I could get it to 150 i'd be a happy man. That's why i signed up, looking for adice and ideas.

Cheers

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along. Why not save up a bit and get a 2.0 engine and drop that in. It's a great way to get a massive power gain.

What power is the 1.8 at already? It can't be far off the 150. With some fast road cams, sports exhaust and induction kit with sport cat and cold air feed and an FSE fuel boost valve you should be pretty close to 150.

Head work (polishing and porting) would also be good options! :D Hope that helps.

Its not what it reaches but how quickly it gets there that counts. Rather than top speed you should be looking at acceleration.

Anything over 130 is pushing it due to aerodynamic constraints over 140 and most engines will start to complain.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back