Hey - VW fan saying hello

swompy

Tuner
Car
VW Corrado, 2lt 16v
Hey every one

I drive a 1.4 mk3 Golf but i will be buying a vw corrado 2lt 16vl ( insurance will be to much on a VR6 :( ) in the next month or so.

Here is a pic of my car

DSC00059-1.jpg

Re: Hey

That will be quite an upgrade to the Corrado. you like your VW's then?

Welcome to TorqueCars its good to have you along.

Hey thanks

Ya I know just as well it will be to much to insure a vr6 cos I would go straight to one of them if I had the chance :D ( if that’s not a recipe for disaster I dont know what is)

Ya I do like my vw but there are some other good cars out there to but there is something about vw I cant resist

haha thanks for the tittle up date :D

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum mate! I'm the same with my Hondas! You know there are other cars, possibly better cars... but you just can't help it! Are you planning on selling the Golf or keeping it as a side project?

Thanks

That is very true.

No im going to sell it i wont be able to afford to run it along with the Corrado.

I would like to keep the golf as a my run around and keep the corrado for the weekends/ project car but i dont have the money for it

Well if my wallet allows I would like to either rebuild or replace the engine with a newer low milage one ( not shore which would be best)

Not shore what mods to the engine I want to do possible cams, power boost valves, lightened fly wheel, clutch, possible turbo/supercharge it ( not shore yet need to have a good think about this one)

Anything you would suggest I do?

keep it looking as stock as possible on the out side apart from lowering a bit ( nothing to stupid), bigger breaks, nice rims.

But I'm a noob when it comes to mechanics and dont know alot.

hey and welcome to the site mate.
if your wanting to swap the enigne, guessing the 1.8T is out for insurance reasons as well is it ?, the try looking for an audi a4 2.0 20v engine. only audi used them and for only around 18 months so trying to track them down can be hard.

i think the 1.8 20v head can be fitted to the 16v block for better flow rates however it does need some work, cant remember what at the minute but googling should show it up.

Im 19 at the mo ( 20 in 2 weeks) so insurance is a bit steep and I will probably be 21 by the time I get round to doing the swap or rebuild so it shouldn’t be to bad

But swapping the engine for a 1.8T would be a good idea but if I do that I might as well just by the Corrado G60 ( 1.8 supercharged) only advantage I can think of would be lower miles on the engine

I still havent made my mind up yet to what I want to do might just buy a corrado 2lt 16vl then in a few years buy a VR6 or G60

You've gotta think about what car you really want. If you want a fully modified Corrado then go for it mate! If you want the VR6... you may as well keep the Golf for another year or so.

Ya I know I can afford to buy one now its just the running cost i wouldnt be able to do.

The only thing i can think of is buying a vr6 and SORN it or getting my dads name on the insurance and mine as one of the named and give my dad the money for it. Then I could possible keep the golf and use the Corrado for the weekends

I would like to keep the corrado as close to stock as possible maybe a few small mods to improve handling ect.

The Corrados look great with a debadged grill. They are very nice looking cars. Get some decent tyres for it - I'd recommend Eagle F1's on these although they are soft and don't last for a very long time.

Ya they do look preaty good with the demadge grill.

I've got my eye on a 2lt 16vl Corrado for sale, 93k really good condition, in tornado red only £1400.

Just need to convince my parents to let me keep it on the drive untill my first pay cheque ( just got a job offer yesterday :D )

Thanks waynne

I will be a priceing and advertising controller at a new flag ship sainburys store in GLoucester.

Not what I want to do but its a full time job which means I can get a better car and hopefully move out.

So I've been searching the internet for Corrados :D

I've braught a 2lt 16vl Corrado only done 77k miles too :D I'm picking it up saturday, I can't wait. Just need to shift my Golf now.

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment1-1.jpg

GetAttachment3.jpg

not shore really posibly a KR cam not really thought about it just going to enjoy the raw power for a while first

Swompy, you seem like the type of cat who'd be real into an OEM+ style build or at least the few little here and there mods you spoke of. You should be able to find some good examples of the style and the corrado if you search google for pics of OEM+ style corrados. Theres a fella Mr.Skii's gotta black(g60) one real nice. check it out keep us updated.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back