Hey everyone new here

Car
2012 MAZDA3 2.0
Hey guys, so after making my account here it said I should introduce myself so here goes. My name is Matthew Miyasato I am 19 years old and I live in Hilo Hawaii, it’s pretty “bumpy” over here not much perfect flat streets or anything like that, I have a 2012 Mazda 3 2.0 Touring Hatchback, so when I first got my first car it was a 1993 Ford Mustang Lx Fox body, it was a present and wasn’t it the greatest shape but it was my first car, after having it for roughly 2 Years I decided I wanted to upgrade, and I grew up in a mechanics household my father,mother,brother and sisters all loved cars and my father knew how to fix them, I recently found a love for cars at 17years old when I first got my mustang actually haha, it was pretty fast and I loved the idea behind driving and behind car mechanics, so after I decided I wanted to upgrade I first thought about what brand I wanted (Toyota,Mazda, Nissan etc.) And from seeing my dad work on them and seeing it for myself I really wanted a Mazda, they had a sporty look, was good at handling turns and wasn’t completely slow either, so after searching around dealerships ranging from 2008 Mazda 3s all the way to the Mazda rx-8 I decided I wanted the Mazda 3 Hatchback it had the room for me and my girlfriend to carry whatever we wanted it had a nice sporty look and it had amazing mpg, and since I work 6 days outta the week I needed something that was good on gas, so I talked to my local Mazda dealership and was able to finance a 2012 Mazda 3 Touring Hatchback, currently still financing it for 5 years but hopefully I can get it finished in 3, and so far I’ve been absolutely in awe about this car it’s very smooth good handling and a nice speed to it, and I’m finally looking at learning even more about it and giving it some love, so here I am. That’s all there really is about me and how I got my car also the reasons why, so I hope this forum can really help me out with my questions and concerns about modding! Thanks for having me here everyone and I hope I won’t be a complete newbie

Hi and welcome :) |B

You seem to have had a good mechanical grounding from your dad and as you should know the 3 is a FWD and they need a different driving style if you want to explore it's limits and if you decide to do that make sure it is at a track or car club day |B and not on the public roads as I have seen on many a you-tube video \B
Look forward to your future posts.

Hi and welcome :) |B

You seem to have had a good mechanical grounding from your dad and as you should know the 3 is a FWD and they need a different driving style if you want to explore it's limits and if you decide to do that make sure it is at a track or car club day |B and not on the public roads as I have seen on many a you-tube video \B
Look forward to your future posts.

Thanks for the reply and yes definitely won’t do it on the public road it’s to dangerous and not worth it in my opinion, sad thing is we only have 1 race track on the big island and it’s about a 2 and a half hour drive from Hilo across the island, but I do hope to one day finally open it up on the track

I tow my car to 2 day events that are 2-3 hours from home and camp in the pit area.

Your country is on my latest bucket list to visit.:)

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back