help what car to buy next

mini maz

Tuner
I may have to sell my beloved mazda rx8 :( as i am now having problems driving it as i now have a back problem :cry: , I need to buy something else which is not so low to get in to , but i also want something sporty looking aswell . Any suggestions

Audi fit fantastic seats to all of their cars try something like an RS4 or A4 1.8T - move the seat to the highest position and you will love it I'm sure. Its a real shame you've hurt your back - is it something you are going to recover from or are you stuck with it? I can really sympathise - my back goes periodically and I end up laid up for a few weeks at a time. Thankfully I can work from home but it really can get to you.

How about a Scooby or Mitsubishi Evo. Great performance and all saloons. Should be no problem to get in and out of. If not maybe a 4x4?

What about one of those Polo Golf things with the turbo and supercharged small capacity petrol engines.

They wring about 170bhp and are light - therefore performance, handling and stopping are exemplary.

If you were in Iceland I would probably tell you to get a Land Rower or a Nissan Patrol on 44-48 inch tires :lol:

An EVO or an Impreza would probably work for you. Those back problems are horrible. I am having some backproblems that come and go but not allways so bad I have to lie for a few days. I don't know how the seats are in those cars but it's really important to find a car with a some comfortable seats

The Fabia is a great car. The PD diesel can be ramped up to over 200bhp with careful remapping. I agree with xfire though, Japanese petrols are stunning and virtually indestructible.

I run a performance diesel car but I do think that in the long term you're better off with a tried and tested petrol engine for longevity. The diesels are just far too complex now. For sure, they go like stink and are quiet.

But with the more frequent and expensive services I reckon you're probably better of with petrol.

I often consider ditching my 2.2 HDi for a 3.0 V6 petrol (which is possibly slightly slower than mine) but the servicing is SO BLOODY STRAIGHTFOWARD. No silly particle filters etc.

anyone spied the new wrx subaru imreza rally concept?

not as crazy as those in tha past but still has roof scoops and a spoiler big enough to warrant ditching a rear window all together.