Help my baby is sick

HugoBoss

The Torque Meister
Car
r33 skyline gtst
Making a knocking sound like something broken off. Does this even during idling. Boost guage indicates normal pressure. Got plenty of power. Temp. gauge reading normal. Oil pressure normal. Sounds almost like it's from around the centre of the engine. Any body any ideas, I dono where to start. Put a clip on youtube http://youtu.be/5n2w8m0MMMw.

The first thing I would do is disconnect the auxiliary belts, just to eliminate a bearing on the alternator, power steering pump, air con. It's hard to define from an audio at times. I have a mechanics stethoscope in my tool box for obscure noises. If you don't have one of those, try a long screwdriver, one end to various engine areas, the other to an ear, just be cautious of moving parts and belts. Sometimes these noises can be expensive, other times they can be misleading. One time I had a car brought to me which the recovery man was certain the bottom end had gone, I was too, the noise was exactly the same. It was a power steering pump bearing.