Hello!

newbietuner

Car
Minivan
Hello. I have recently started getting into tuning. At the moment I currently have a... minivan =P and live in the panhandle of sunny Florida. However I'm trying to find a tuner friendly car under 6k .Which is why I came here. Want it to be able to do a decent 1/4 mile ut also handle nice on the track if thats possible to get the best of both? Heard the miata is a good car and cheap but it is only a 2 seater and im trying to get at least. Heard the mustang is a very modifiable car but is best put in a straight line and not a track? Is that true? Am grateful for any and all advice.

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
Any of the Nissan SX/ZX car's are great handling, powerful from the start and infinitely tunable to any level you desire.
In fact most of the Japanese performance car's are excellent starting points as parts, knowledge and clubs are plentiful wherever you are.
Our US members will be able to provide more info on more home grown models

Have a question? I have a friend that is being deployed over seas and he offered to sell me his 04 mazda rx-8 for $2000. Reason it is so low is because he is halfway through a ls1 engine swap. Said everything is there just he doesn't have the time to put it togther anymore. I've heard the rx-8 handles amazing but the rotary engine is not very tune-able other than slapping a turbo onto it? If I got it then had the engine swapped finished would it become more tune-able since it would now have a corvette engine in it?

Hello there and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, it's great to have you along. Thanks for joining up.

I'm sure you'll find us very friendly and helpful, get involved in our many topics and threads and feel free to ask for tuning tips and solutions to problems in our technical and make and model forums. ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back