Hello

Robertino

Car
Elantra 1998
Hello, new to this very interesting site.
I live in Chile, I own a 1998 Hyundai Elantra J2 maroon with 1.8 Engine.
I lived in the USA for 10 years, the second day after we get there I bought the car with 67,000 miles, I used it from 2001 to 2012, never gave me a single problem, when we returned to Chile, I take it with me, did not have the courage to sell it.
With 234,567 miles my plan is to do major a surgery, for now it is in the stage of full painting, doors, hood, trunk are out.
- The engine has a high flow air intake system and 4-2-1 headers.
- The next project is to change the suspension, control arms, bushings, progresive springs, front disc, rear drum brakes will replace with discs I got from a Tiburon 1999, in a pull apart junk yard.
The engine I will leave it to the end and there is where I will need some help, I want to give a little extra power.
Today my Elantra is my hobby, I have no plans on selling it..... it's a cheap car, not a classic at all, it's not pretty, but well groomed and with an extra power, can leave behind some more expensive and newer cars and that would be fun!!

Hello and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, it's really nice to have you along. I hope you enjoy your time on here.

If you are a petrolhead then You'll fit in just fine! Feel free to share your thoughts on our many topics and discussions, the more the merrier.

Your car sounds like a member of your family it's so well looked after!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back