Hello

nexus6

Car
Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD
Hi guys, just thought I'd drop a line to say hi. I've just bought a 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD 150 Vector automatic. Loving it already, loads of paperwork, been really cherished, drives as straight as a straight thing. My first Saab and also auto. Having not driven an auto and them still retaining an element of old school sluggishness in my head, I'm pleased to say I was wrong and it's a flyer! With it being an auto, not sure whether any tuning is still relevant.

Hi guys, just thought I'd drop a line to say hi. I've just bought a 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD 150 Vector automatic. Loving it already, loads of paperwork, been really cherished, drives as straight as a straight thing. My first Saab and also auto. Having not driven an auto and them still retaining an element of old school sluggishness in my head, I'm pleased to say I was wrong and it's a flyer! With it being an auto, not sure whether any tuning is still relevant.

Welcome to the friendliest and most helpful website on the planet and seeing you have bought a Swedish beauty it gives you automatic membership into the T9 man fan club You don't have a choice ,it's compulsory:D

Last edited:
Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

That is a good car you have there, just a couple of things to take note off. These models need to be looked after so do not neglect the servicing. If the service period is for example 15k then get it done at 13k. Saab for some reason were slightly generous in their estimation of service periods so be aware.
These cars also love drop links on the front suspension and top mounts above the dampers, these are really cheap and not a big issue.
You can increase the power, torque and fuel economy with a simple remap. Hirsch products are the only ones that get included in the Saab warranty as they have passed all of the relative checks, but they are very very expensive. Also look at MapTun for a remap as I believe this is a plug in gadget and very straight forward to use. You should also look at Viezu who are based in Birmingham as well for a remap.

This is a handy site for authorised Saab service centres around the country http://www.saabparts.com/en-gb/uk/saab-service-club/saab-service-club/join-the-club/ so you can look after your new baby with complete confidence. If your budget on occasion requires you to buy secondhand parts to make your money go further then try here http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/index.php the parts are tested and checked and come with a guarantee. Neo Bros are also a fully fledged Saab authorised supplier of new parts too.

You may need to have a look at this also for your car
http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/water-pump-timing-genuine-saab-p-4365.html?

Also find out if the timing belt has been done, can't remember whether the interval is 72 or 90k. Don't forget to make sure you clean your EGR valve too as I gather these can cause issues otherwise.

Good luck with your new baby ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys and especially to Mr T9 for some great info. I'd love to ink I'd get a remap at some point, when funds permit, just wondered how relevant it'd be with an auto. Any views on whether a K&N panel filter would be remotely beneficial on its own (without exhaust upgrade)?

Thanks for the replies guys and especially to Mr T9 for some great info. I'd love to ink I'd get a remap at some point, when funds permit, just wondered how relevant it'd be with an auto. Any views on whether a K&N panel filter would be remotely beneficial on its own (without exhaust upgrade)?

Not really just use the factory filter as you will be hard pressed to feel any miniscule difference if any at all.
Remap is the way to go ;)

Sounds great, does anybody know about this:
http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and...ab_93_19_tid_148_bhp_150_ps_110_kw_P1492.html

** Your post got stuck in the moderation queue buddy as you posted a URL before you have made 10 posts which is a site new member rule. I have allowed this one through as it is relevant to the thread, so have a look around the site and get involved in other members threads and you will have 10 posts in no time**

T9 man
Super Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back