hello people

sheryl

Car
vectra 1.6 16v
hi everyone
my names sheryl and i have a vectra 1.6 16v....

i have only had the car a couple of weeks and to be honest i dont really know much about cars..which is why i joined this site in the first place...the car came with low profile wheels 17's and i have put some lexus lights on..well my nice neighbour did.....the car definately needs a respray and i am looking for new front lights now the back ones have been done....oh and the same neighbour has a new exhaust for me...apart from that i dont really know what to do with it....i already have plans for the interior and want to put a bodykit on it... but anything slightly technical and i get a bit confused......so i am hoping people here will help me with ideas and suggestions...i cant stress enough though how little i know about cars so please be patient with my ignorance im trying to learn......thanks in advance for any points in the right direction...
by the way loving the site ive learnt loads of stuff already...

hey and welcome to torquecars sheryl hope we can be of some help.
whats the plans for the vectra then ? badger would be the man to ask he did a redtop turbo conversion himself. its the easiest way of getting some major power gains for minimum £££.

you need any help at all with terms or parts let us know and well explain in layman terms if we can

Hi there sheryl and a warm welcome to you. You will fit in just fine and I'm sure you'll pick up the basics of tuning very quickly on here. Have a read through our tuning articles first to get an overview.

A lot comes down to how much you want to spend on the car. Do you want to keep the reliability and fuel economy as well as this has a bearing on what options are best for you.

Do you prefer straight line speed or fast cornering?

Welcome to TorqueCars! Don't worry about asking questions, we all started learning somewhere. That's why this site is such a great place to learn...once you've read all the articles on the main page and asked as many questions as you like in the forum, you should be well on your way. After you've posted 10 times how about posting some pictures?

hi and welcome :)

what year is your vec?

whatever you do dont change the wing mirrors on it (well only if you really want to) i personally think they are one of nicest parts of the vecs, love the lines of them the way they blend into the bodywork. see if you can get hold of a gsi bumper and some steinmetz sideskirts

is it saloon or hatch?

Hey Sheryl im Chris,wanna see my big end lmao....sorry....hope you get help with the car....would not know where to start with mine so thats y it costs me a fortune!!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back