hello im new

astracoupe

hello all im new, im a member of the astra sport and vauxhall sport car club. i drive a astra mk4 coupe 1.8 16v mods so far dbilas inlet manifold,carbon fibre inclosed induction kit, full 2 1/2 inch bore exhaust with dbilas remap. mods to come getting some mild cat cams to get the best from my mods then get a live map to finish off engine mods.

:D

Hi and welcome to Torquecars - nice to have you along. You seem pretty sorted mod wise so well done I bet your car is nice to drive!

Where are you from?

waynne said:
Hi and welcome to Torquecars - nice to have you along. You seem pretty sorted mod wise so well done I bet your car is nice to drive!

Where are you from?

hello waynne, im from the midlands, yea my car is nice to drive i have never seen a more even torque curve its very smooth just fancy some cams now to get the best from my mods. i have never had after market cams in a car before could you give me some info please. im after low to mid range inprovement, the mildest cam i can find is cat cams the duration is 248 and valve lift is 10mm are these any good for low to mid end improvment.

thanks in advance

You need to check that they are suitable for road use. If the cam says for off road use only you can expent the cam lobe to wear down more quickly than a standard cam effectively reducing the 10mm lift! Track cars are regularly stripped and rebuilt whereas we expect our road cars to stay together for years!

You can always get your existing cams reground to a more sporty profile. I think piper or Kent offer this service and I would probably go with Piper to be honest.

Have you thought of getting the head flowed and bigger valves whilst it is off the road getting the cams changed? A 248o duration sounds fine and shouldn't give a lumpy tickover :D

waynne said:
You need to check that they are suitable for road use. If the cam says for off road use only you can expent the cam lobe to wear down more quickly than a standard cam effectively reducing the 10mm lift! Track cars are regularly stripped and rebuilt whereas we expect our road cars to stay together for years!

You can always get your existing cams reground to a more sporty profile. I think piper or Kent offer this service and I would probably go with Piper to be honest.

Have you thought of getting the head flowed and bigger valves whilst it is off the road getting the cams changed? A 248o duration sounds fine and shouldn't give a lumpy tickover :D

yea there fast road cams, i have thought of getting mine reground but its having the car off the road for a week that i dont fancy if i buy brand new blanks its in and out the same day. do vernier pullys make a difference?,
and how do cams make the car feel?, head work is not on my list i dont fancy messing around with the head as my car as only done 22000 maybe in the future.

Vernier pulley really help you fine tune the cam timing. Don't just mess around with it - move it in very small incriments - a rolling road is best.

Cams depend a lot on the car, usually you won't notice much bottom end but there will be a pronounced hike in power at mid revs and that will carry on to higher revs depending on the profile & engine. :wink:

wyze said:
Nice car, hello. Got any pictures you can post up?

the picture is a bit poo but its off my phone!,

needs lowering badly gonner get a set of elbach 30mm springs the 888 coupe has them on standard. i want to get rip of the front bumper to planing a gsi front bumper.

DSC00127.jpg

this is a coupe with gsi front bumper very sexy
P7030019.jpg

waynne said:
Look nice. Do Irmscher do a body kit for the coupe that looks the business?

yea they do but there are to many around with it on i want to be a bit differnt so going for the gsi front bumper it look very sexy here is a picture of one.

th_P7030019.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

Ive seen people mod a veilside kit for the S2000 to fit a "normal" car and this can look different - the GSI bumper does look good though - what about a DTM Splitter as well or do you think that would be too much?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back