hello i say

PatronZX

Car
BMW 335i coupe
Hi everybody this be my first post and i gotta say i'm glad to be apart of like the best website that is dedicated to educating people on how to improve a cars performance, yeah this place taught me a lot. Now about my ride, ok i have a 2009 Mazda 3 mps or also known as the Mazdaspeed3 in some parts of the planet. This is actually my 1st car, i got her when i graduated this year and so far it's actually a pretty quick car, it has a 2.3 liter turbocharged engine and the standard power is 260hp and has 280 lb-ft(380nm) of torque. The car responds much better with the traction control off but i'm really thinking of getting an ecu remap to get more power from the turbo but i would like to know if it's advisable as this car has a direct injection engine meaning the fuel is directly injected into the cylinders(i'm sure you all know that), but you see i get some people telling me that tuning a turbocharged direct injection engine will make it easier to get much more power from it and i also get people telling me that a direct injection engine will suffer more if tuned, so please can someone tell me if tuning this type of engine will be a good thing to do or not?

Same engine as the sporty Focus and it can handle more power fairly easily through a remap. Direct injection engines are lovely to work on, the late addition of the fuel keeps the intake temps down allowing you to run much higher boost levels without the risk of detonation.

Traction is likely to be your next issue, have you thought about where you want to go with the power?

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good luck to you & I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

Hey so you sayin' that this engine can support a high compression ratio!Awesome :p ok so i found out that with the factory map on this car the cars 280 foot pounds of torque is only fully used after fourth gear :sad2: Mazda limits the full use of the 280 lb-ft when you in any gear that's below 4th, Mazda also limits the throttle butterfly to only open 60% and not fully open! I mostly drive this car with the traction off(Only when the weather is sunny and when the roads are dry) but i still feel that only from 4th to 6th gear i feel the full torque and a bit more boost. So basically i want to put this car in a quarter mile drag and i hope to get in the early 12 seconds and i know i wont get that with just a remap but would a remap at least eliminate the torque limits on the gears and make the throttle butterfly spread its wings fully open?

tcsmileysign.gif

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back