Hello from Trinidad

Racegod

Car
Nissan Sentra B13
Hello Forum,

I'm from Trinidad and i'm seeking to build a small project.
My car is my beloved Nissan Sentra 1992 B13, original engine was a GA15ds... recently swapped for a GA15de 5 fwd... Originally I was looking at running an SR20ve or SR20ve-t, however the cost was almost more than twice than the GA15de...

Our government has now decided that they are going to rebuild a racing track for the racing community, therefore i'm seeking to prepare my ride for maybe the middle of next year.

Current status of project:
Suspension:
Megan Racing Springs
KYB GR-2 shocks
Megan strut bars

Brakes: ad22vf front rotors and calipers

Lightweight wider racing 16" rims.

Engine:
GA15de stock
5fwd gearbox
Walbro Fuel Pump 255lp
Injen Cold Air Intake

Modifications that i'm looking at:
MSD ignition
MSD external coil
greddy e-manage
270cc injectors
platinum spark plugs

and forced induction... but here is my problem... i'm not exactly sure about the requirements and the technical information required to get this project completed...

things i believe i may need to add to my list are:
low compression pistons (unknown size)
after market camshaft (have not been able to locate one to fit this engine)
turbo (i know someone using a Evo 3 turbo)
turbo manifold (the projects i am aware of, had to either modify or rebuild a manifold to fit)

So here I am at this forum, keeping an open mind and seeking assistance...

Hello and welcome to the site mate

shame the sr engine was so dear at least that would have been turbocharged form the beginning and maybe helped against some of the cost

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already worked out. Will the car be used from day to day or just on the track?

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there - I'm guessing it is going to take off now.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

In the caribbean we have a very lively auto sport forum... We had a track about 5 years ago, but it was taken back by the Government for the land to be used for a university.

currently we have auto cross and rally... we expect to go back a circuit track, drag strip and solodex track...

I'm a very big fan of auto sports, since a child. However due to the lack of competitive options that are affordable in trinidad, i ended up doing Car Audio and ICE (In Car Entertainment). So anything audio related I'm your guy... I've got my own little business, Race Audio - We're currently building a Single 15" Atomic APXX competition car...

I'm far from being an auto guru, but i some of the basics and i do most of my auto servicing myself.

My intent for this car is for both daily driven and drag/tarmac solodex. This however is not my primary car. I drive another Nissan Sentra 1998 B14. Tunning wise, i expect to be able to tune the car for track and then tune the car for street/daily use. I don't intend to use high boost, but to see how much i can get out of this engine keeping things in the safe thresholds...

I hope to get some good advice from you more experiences mod'ers...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back