Hello from Dublin

MarkyBoi8608

Car
Nissan Tiida
Hi All,
Just thought I'd introduce myself, registered a while back but haven't been online so never introduced myself. I'm Mark, from England but living in Dublin now. Currently own a Nissan Tiida 1.6D but looking to upgrade.

Previous cars include Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8T (2004 Model, much nicer looking than the newer one) and Ford Focus ST170.
I'm looking to get myself a new motor, bored of my reliable sensible car, just need to decide what to go for. Boxes it needs to tick really is Diesel for fuel efficiency, 5 door family car, and with a good amount of horses so I have a good starting point to upgrade from. Dream would be Mistubishi Evo, but insurance rates and car tax rates in Ireland are not kind (€710 per year for a 2 litre older than 2008, €2350 per year for a car newer than 2008), so that rules that out. Tempted to go for an Octavia VRS again, but interested in other suggestions. Have thought Mitsubishi Lancer, prefer the shape of that new the new Octavia. I'm also a sucker for a good sized rear spoiler on a car.

Am open to any suggestions and reasons why, I've only been driving for about 5 years so my knowledge and experience of different cars is still in the relatively early stages.

Thanks for having me here

Mark

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I look forward to reading more about your next car choices and decisions.

A3 Quattro is pretty good on economy and performance and the Golf GTTdi is a pretty good proposition as well.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back