Hello from a newbie

Srogers

Car
Mk v GTI Stage 2
:bigsmile:Hi all,

New to forum, although use the site often as i trust it for un-biased guidance. Used to have type R'S, Now in a MK V GTI 55 plate, 45,000, Jabba custom stage 2 remap, Miltek turbo-back full system, autotek HPFP, S3 DV, some OSIR interior bits. Next year gonna concentrate on suspension & mounts etc. Am looking for help with choosing best fast road cam, thats if i need one. Any suggestions?

All the best

Steve

wouldnt have thought you needed one, in short the cams lets the air in and out a fast road allows more in and out.
the turbo can be pushed just a little harder for the same effect.
have you thought about doing the K04 swap ?

Thanks for the advice, I have thought about up-grade to the K04 turbo, and am hoping to get at the end of 2012. Next is S3 intercooler but would appreciate some guidance on other jobs i could get done in the intrim so when i go for the up-grade it won't be as costly.

Cheers
Steve

brakes and suspension then

S3 front brakes can be had for a couple of hundred if you look around.
if you can find a decent big breakers then the skoda suberb has them as well with a set being picked up for £60 including the discs ;)

ive got a set waiting to go on my vrs just need to order up a hard pipe thats been bent in transit that i didnt notice until i was rebuilding then after painting
i know there was some talk about using SL 63 AMG discs and 911 turbo callipers come in close to a grand including the adaptors and line if you fancy a nice set of 6 pots :)

Welcome ! it sounds like you got a nice car mate,good luck with what you want to achieve,you should find out all you need on the forum.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back