Hello Everyone!

82Angel

Car
82 Cutlass
Hello Everyone!
My name is Angela. I have an 82 Cutlass. it had a 350 chevy in it when I got it but the heads were cracked. Then I realized the floors were rotten. so while my husband and I worked on new floorpans and rockers among other misc.

We sent the engine to be rebuilt by a local company with a great reputation for building great engines. It Dynoed at 427 hp and460 tq and they even painted it pearl pink for me.

Here we are two years later (we have five kids so life is busy sometimes) & the car is running! I took it to the race track last Friday for the first time. I had never been on a drag strip before, so I was nervous. I did well twice but faulted twice. I ran 14.16. I have street tires and a 2.5 in exaust(Flowmaster) So it's my understanding that was pretty good. I don't really know much about Drag Racing so was unsure of what to do when i faulted so I backed up...TWICE.

No-one said anything to me but the looks I got was that was NOT what I was supposed to do. I don't have anyone to ask about this for I am the only one in my family or even my friends who race. ( I am Addicted after just one night) Any words of wisdom?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha thats quality Angel! stuff every1 else you do as you please! haha, you should may be find out the strip rules for safety reasons. try and meet folk at the strip and get chatting with them, they should be able to help you out. all the best for future runs Angel hope your times improve.

Hey & welcome! :bigsmile:

Don't afraid to ask questions, I'm sure you won't be the first noob to make a mistake & that's why officials are there to make sure everything goes smoothly.

I find it odd though that no-one came over to you to explain what you did wrong. :confused:

Old Git is a our resident Drag racing expert, I'm sure he'll be able to help. :bigsmile:

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back