Hello everyone

andy a3

Car
audi a3 2.0 tdi
Hi im a mechanic, 28 with audi a3 2.0 tdi. Looking at getting it re mapped. wanting to no if ya can get any thing to keep the turbo cool like an oil cooler, if anyone can help.:D

hey and welcome to the site

dont think theres a kit as such for the engines but it shouldnt be too hard to fit a sandwich plate and oilcooler

what temps are you looking at currently ?

Engine not running to hot but on about getting re map, and been told turbo might run to hot. just thought i might b able to do a mod to keep it cool

welcome not sure of audi but if you want answers this is the place to be, you could always run a cold air feed pipe to were the turbo is to help!!!

welcome to tc man, sorry i cant help you, i only know honda
someone is bout to know though

cold air pipe aint really going to do that much

a simple remap will be fine mate just be sensible and let it heat up properly (when coolants showing 90 degrees give it another 5 mins for oil to come up ) take the last few miles easy and give it a min or 2 to cool down before switching off

the turbos themselves are both water and oil cooled.

Welcome to the forum Andy. As above really, you'll be fine. Turbos get hot by their very nature but it's the quick heating up and cooling down that causes issues such as cracks around the wastegate or in the housing.

Just use a good quality oil and friction heat will not be a problem and the oil will stay in grade for longer. More importantly let the thing cool down after a run before you switch it off!

I think an oil cooler is overkill unless you do a lot of towing or track work.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back