Hello Every One

TJS4

Car
Audi B5 S4 Tial770
Hi All, my name is TJ, living in Jordan. My car is Audi S4 with Tial 770 and has dynod at 570 AWHP on pump gas with 100% meth. My 2.7L TT engine was rebuilt by BAR tuning in Houston, TX and dyno tuned by EPL in CT USA before shipping it to Jordan in 2011. My next project is to install AZR heads (from a B5 RS4) which I just had rebuilt in Germany by Loba with stage III CNC and mechanical valve train. The heads are ready to be installed on my current block but then I thought why not leave my current engine together and have an AZR block rebuilt to go with the new AZR heads. I have heard that there some excellent engine re-builders in the UK that are capable of rebuilding a block to match the heads to form a 10K RPM monster, but I don't know any yet. By joining this forum, looking forward to learning more about how and who can help accomplish my plan. Speak to you soon. My best, TJ.

Hi TJ sounds like you already have a weapon to drive and want to go nuts but do you really need to rev it to the moon to get the power you want as the life span will be reduced if you use the rev limit often ?

Hi TJ sounds like you already have a weapon to drive and want to go nuts but do you really need to rev it to the moon to get the power you want as the life span will be reduced if you use the rev limit often ?

Thank you for your reply, after reading it, went and reread my post again lol. According to people who are more experienced with my type of turbos, they peek out at 7.7K, my current rev limiter is at 8.5k with a hydraulic valve train, and I do agree with your statement about not needing to rev it to the moon. What's done is done when decided to go with a mechanical valve train, and now I would like to make the best out of it. Probably set the limiter to 8.5 k but, wouldn't you agree that an engine prepped to rev that fast without blowing up is a better engine?

IMO it comes down to what you want to do after all it's your car and $$$
Agree with the last bit of your post:)

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back