Hello all

cmjkeegan

Love the site, here to share knowledge, I would say I have a reasonable knowledge of cars and mechanics.... but i'm not a mechanic.

I have an engineering degree and drive a 2001 Golf GTi3. I totally love it.

Just had a new air-mass meter, temp gauge and lambda probe, now works even better than before. I can't beleive it took me weeks to do anything about the power lag!

Chris :lol:

Nice to have you aboard!

I think most people drive around having small things wrong with their cars and they know nothing about the performance/economy problems, or damage they are doing to their car.. Me included!

There are so many things which can go wrong, especially with 'newer' cars which are so heavily dependant on electronics.

Welcome Chris - great to have you aboard. Be sure to post an introduction in the VW section and hook up with the other "Dubbers". What engine you got in your GTi is it the same as the A3 20 valve turbo?

Did you get uprated AMM or Lamda probe? I understand that fuel economy can be improved by switching to a slightly higer temp sensor have you heard about this mod?

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum good to have more people who have a good knowledge of car engines. Unlike me but I am still learning. LOL

Got any photos of your motor?

Hello again,

I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to post a reply!

The Engine in my GTi is 115BHP Naturally Aspriated 5 speed manual.

I haven't heard about that temp sensor/fuel economy mod. Interesting though I may have to look into it.

I'm looking into upgrading to the Mk5 GTi in the not too distant future, but we'll see.

Not got any photos at the mo, no exterior kit has been added, 3 Door, Satin silver, Montreal 17inch Alloys, stock twin pipes, obviously GTi Trim with really wide wheel arches.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back