Headlining

StevieDB9

Road Burner
Car
Ford Focus 1.4
Has anyone ever tried to change the headlining in their car? I was in a BMW the other day that had black headlining and thought it would look smart in the little polo.

In some cars its really easy in others it is a real pig. Black headlining will look good. Is the headlining held in place by plastic trim around the doors and windows etc.. if so removal is pretty straightforward. Cutting and fitting a new one can take a lot of patience however as the tension and cut has to be just right.

BMW did this for years. Also the 80's Golf GTi had black headlining, which was stylish and made the cabin less ambient, thereby focussing one's attention on the outside.

Great cars, eighties Golfs, taut handling agile little motors.

I loved the 80's golfs the GTi still is a fantastic drive even by todays standards.

Thinking about the headlining - try shoe dye. Mask the a Pillars very very carefully and dab on some black shoe dye. Hey Presto - black interior with very little hassle!! :wink:

You can always get some black fabric and use a fabric glue to attach it to the current headligning. A very thin layer should give enough adhesion.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back