hallo, und guten tag! (it means hello, and good day in german)

Nat

Wrench Pro
Car
750i German Spec
hey how's my german? im currently stationed in germany, and trying to learn german so i dont sound like a typical american. I have recently purchased a german spec 1991 BMW 750I.

It's black with black leather, wood veneer airline tables, and fold down foot rests, all four seats heated, and window shades on all the back windows, as well as power head rests. i've only driven cadillacs and miatas before this car, so this is a bit more luxury than i've had before, but i like it.

i plan on basically refurbishing it, replacing the entire cooling system, brake system, ignition system, suspension system, lights, stereo, all the gaskets, fluids, rebuild the transmission, get a limited slip diff, replace all the rubber lines, and go through the entire electrical system.

basically i want the car to be pretty much brand new when im done, with alot more performance than when new. once i get started ill post pics so ya'll can see the transition from what it is now, to the finished car i want it to be. it has 245,000 kilometers, so at some point im going to rebuild the engine.

but thats the car, me im a new airman, an airman first class, just outta tech school, at my first duty station in germany. and im origanly from georgia, but wanted to get out. its great over here. always nice cars on the road, i drove down the autobahn outside mannheim sunday and saw a ferrari 430 scuderia.

i've actually been outta tech school for 3 months, and i've been in the airforce since january, so i am new, but not to new, all the shine has been rubbed off. i love being a maintainer. i work C130 J's but i've been working on cars my whole life, it's what i do to relax. anyway thats me and my car, if ya read this thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands. Is the Porsche/Maserati going to be a weekend car then when you get it?

yeah, i want to make the bimmer my big trip car, and probably drive the maserati or porsche on the weekend, on maybe back and forth to work since i live on base, and either one would be better on gas than the bimmer. and i want a sports car to take to the Ring.

I look forward to seeing your pics, now you have 10 posts you'll be able to post some up. Perhaps it would be worth starting a project thread.

Welcome to the forum! I've got an Aunt who lives In Atlanta, Georgia. One of these days I'll get over there! Good luck learning German! :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back