jc denton

Track Warrior
Car
MR2
jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4423-20120828-001.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4422-20120828-002.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4421-20120828-004.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4420-20120828-005.jpg

I'm sure it will drive fine once the suspension is changed & the 4 wheel steer is fixed. I bought it cos I need the power.

BTW, I need to get some stiffer springs but I can't go any lower with the body kit on any ideas?

OK, I'm sure this topic must have been covered before but a lot of jap import of this vintage have the 112 top speed limiter. This one has it:(

There is a plug on the gearbox that which when unplugged takes away the limiter but also disables the speedo & the engine won't go into vtec.

Just wondering, has anybody had any luck getting round this limiter on a jap import?

For track use only of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put some FCK coilies on it! Here's the thing; while much better then the factory springs they're not what I was hoping for. So I propose a rating system for springs...

define how you would rate the springs ?
i may well find a set of springs fantastic on one car but not firm enough or even too firm on another car. like alot of things it comes down to personal preference. normally everyone says collies are best however a good set of springs and dampners will out perform cheap collies

I think your on to something here JC, a good rating system needs a Hooke that will help people remember it, if your system works we could make it law. :amuse:

Well, I finally had a chance to pull the fault codes from the 4WS system. Seems I need a new motor & 1 sensor. Not a problem exept I've no idea where to get these parts...

I think your on to something here JC, a good rating system needs a Hooke that will help people remember it, if your system works we could make it law. :amuse:

Back onto this subject. A simple system like 1 through 10 for rigidity, progressiveness, stroke, ect, would be Uber usefull.

At the moment, basically you don't know what your buying until you put it on your car. & if then you don't like it...well you get the picture.

Also, dampers! We need to be able to figure out which dampers will work well with which springs withou having to buy them & try them first.

End rant>...

Well, my new toy has just developed its first problem...no VTEC switchover & a rough cold idle:mad:

Solenoid is working, ground straps in place, no CEL. vtec oil screen clear. Working when I parked it, not working the next day.

Hopefully just some bad fuel or dirty oil or something...