gingerbrother has red car

Car
audi a4 1.8t sport
hello, just bought an audi a4 1.8t one of the early ones on an n-plate,it's a proper grandad motor having been washed and polished every week,kept in the garage and owned from new by an elderly gentleman.i'm well pleased with it!:D

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)

Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.

Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own very special project!

Enjoy! :)

in a word no.126,000 but it does have a full up to date vag svs history,if the car has ever needed anything doing to it its been done,the old fella i bought it off has saved every reciept for every penny he's spent on it even bulbs and fuses.in fact this guy was a bit of a legend,we(my father and i) ended up chatting to him for well over an hour while he showed us photo's of some of his previous motors including a healey 3000 and a jenson intercepter.the audi is nigh on immaculate and a absolute credit to him.my old man was jealous as hell.

It sounds like you hit the Jackpot, even I'm jealous ;)
I love the first audi's they were and are still very popular because of they design and quality. Getting even a n-plate, BUT from such a person is just like being chosen by the God to own this car :):):)
My 2nd car, mk3 Mondeo 2.5 V6 I bought from a Grandpa as well, retired golfer, top spec version finished in cream leather, I bought it in 2008 as a second car (02plate) and car looked like a never driven show car, it was on 17'' with not even a hair scratch.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

The car sound like it was the find of a lifetime - it's nice to know there are still people out there that take really good care of their cars.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

thanks for your kind comments gents,i only discovered tourquecars yesterday and wish i'd found it sooner.i'm a bit of am ametuer at this forum lark so bear with me if i faff it up.as for the car its in such good nick i dont wont to modify it to much,i'll probly just upgrade parts as and when they fail,this is the first turbo'd car i've owned so i'm taking it steady.:blink1:

That makes sense, you have a good solid engine there. The 1.8T was also in my previous car an A3 and a simple remap should give you another 40-50bhp or so without any other modifications needed.

That makes sense, you have a good solid engine there. The 1.8T was also in my previous car an A3 and a simple remap should give you another 40-50bhp or so without any other modifications needed.

Exactly, wherever I've checked and entered your engine detail it comes up with very similar results such as +40bhp /ish and +70Nm /ish, so it sounds like a really good increase ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back