Focus 2.0 TDCi

Thinking of getting myself a ford focus 2.0 tdci zetec. Around 05/06.

Firstly, is there anything i need to look out for when i'm veiwing (the cars in my price range have around 90-100k on the clock.

Secondly, what can i do to mod the car. I want to keep it as my daily drive so i need to keep the drivability and economy. I'm unsure about what suspension mods i can do to it, anyone have any knowledge of this? After i've bought the car i'm going for a remap. Got a good price from Celtic (recommended by Paul) Are there any other engine mods that will give some decent power and torque gains?

But you have done very well for yourself and so have the resources to deal with any issues. I know which position id rather be in.

I'm not completely happy with the way my car looks from the front. It's just looks too girly. Can't put my finger on it.

2012-01-13 16.18.13.jpg

This isn't the best photo to help but it's the only one I have saved on my computer.

So anyway, i drove past a black ST the other day and noticed there is no silly chrome plastic around the front grill and thought it looked much better. I don't know a lot about spraying but I want to spray the chrome bit black. Does anyone have any advice?

This is a black ST

68694961_4-2007-FORD-FOCUS-ST-2-BLACK-Vehicles.jpg

Last edited:
hi,for the paint i would go go to wilko's they sell small 150ml enamel spray paints branded plasticote.you will need a primer paint for plastic, normal primer will eventually flake off so make sure you get the right stuff.for the top coat i would use the enamel spray paints as they spray well and its easy to achieve a good finish,also being an enamel paint it drys rock hard so the odd stone chip doesnt worry it.shunt cost more than a tenner.
ps make sure its properly clean and dry before starting,paint hates oil and grease.

hope this helps

Cheers mate. I think there's a place in town that sells plasticote. What prep will I need to do?

There are quite a few people reading this thread looking at the stats but we've not had any updates from you in a while any updates on this project - or have you moved on to another one?

What are your plans for the future?