First Timer

N

NiallMc

Hello there. I'm Niall from Ireland. Currently living in the south coast of England. I joined the forum to further my understanding of what modifications are best suited for my vehicle.

I have gone through a phase of looking for quicker cars, however it is not cheap to insure myself on most desirable vehicles at this stage. In fact the only vehicle I have found to be releativley affordable to purchase and insure is the Mazda MX5 which is still a viable option.

Anyway I currently own a 2004 UK Facelift Toyota Corolla 1.6 VVTI T3,
This is by far the best car I have owned in terms of its reliability and smooth drive. It has plenty of power too, but as I'm sure everyone else on this forum is always looking that bit more lol.

Can anyone suggest sensible, reasonably priced modifications I could make to the vehicle in order to get more power and improved performance?

I have explored very vaguely turbos, induction kits, inter coolers, exhausts and manifolds however this would be my first tuning project and due to the condition and originality of my Corolla, I don't want to tamper with it on a large scale.

My first time on the forum, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Should I stick and invest or sell and explore???

Cheers

Niall

Greetings Niall and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)
The Mazda MX5 has potential and one member on here has one in our project section - http://www.torquecars.com/forums/threads/lozs-mx-5.25251/

If I was you then I would explore the potential of having my Corolla remapped for extra power. Contact JFA Automotive who advertise on here for advice on what you can expect to achieve. Other tuners include Viezu and Celtic Tuning who are both respected and have good reputations.
Also think about a possible brake pad upgrade to assist with the stopping power which is sometimes required after a power upgrade.
Remember to give the car a full service before you have it remapped (If it is possible) so that it is in the best possible condition to receive the new power.

welcome mate. that is not a bad car at all and engine is good. dunno if you will get higher insurance if you tune the ECU over there? I agree I wouldn't change it and I am like you, looking for a faster car as well.

Hi and welcome to TC forums
There might be some TRD performance parts for your Corolla. The VVTi engine I would think will be difficult to turbocharge. MX5s, especially earlier mk1 versions can be supercharged or turbocharged in fact there was an officially licensed BBR Turbo kit for them iirc. Ever thought of an older car like Golf Gti or Pug 205 Gti. They may not have today's power but they were light and felt really fast. Classic insurance maybe kinder for you also

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back