fiat stilo fuse blowing

bolder

Wrench Pro
Car
astra 2.2 bertone
my mates stilo keeps blowing fuses 1 on the way to work and 1 again on the way home lol, it amuses me but feel sorry for im lol. the fuse that blows seems to control half the electrics, dumb ass fiat, things that go are, cd player, heating (climate control ac ) automatic wipers and lights, actuly while im writing this, ignition live problems are coming to mind. help please ? posted this in fiat aswell

Sadly Fiats seem to have been plagued with electrical gremlins for years. Which is a shame because many of the cars are truly innovative. About 2000 years ago I owned a Fiat 127 and even that managed to be electrically dodgy, despite being incredibly basic.

The only thing it didn't do was to rust and fall to bits!!

I had an exceptionally good experience with my 406 but I'm not entirely sure I underwrite them as a good long term investment despite this.

In truth I still think you can do a lot worse than Japanese or German.

ya fiats and alfas and good wiring dont go together
best scrap it now before it blows up lol

likey to be a cut wire going to earth somewere they rub on just about everything so will take a while to find it

As this is happening to and from work the cure is simple. Your mate needs to get a job that gets him to drive in the opposite direction, simple. If only all problems in life were this easy to solve, next please !:lol::lol:

Where do you start ? Do you have a multimeter ? Do you know how to use one ? The first check is visual, have a look for the obviously bared live wire shorting to earth. It's probably a loose wire, if it was fixed to a point it would blow a fuse immediately.
Try a process of elimination of turning on the items affected until hopefully it comes back to being a dedicated wire which can then be localised by looking at the wiring diagram to find it's path. If you can find both ends of the wire the whole process is simple then.
Wiring diagrams can be a bit daunting but they really are quite simple if you look at them as just a map of your wires. Trying to fault find without one of these is a nightmare.