fiat punto sporting

dotdot8692

Tuner
Car
Fiat Punto 1.2 SX60
I was just wondering for a mk1 punto sporting 1.2 16v what would be the best engine mods.

I was thinking:

Full performance exhaust.
Induction kit.
1.4 gt cams.
Uprated HT leads.
Uprated spark plugs.
Skimmed head.
Maybe remap.

Is there anything else and what would be the best options, will all of these work?

Thanks mark.

GT cams are not suitable for a Sporting. You want a Supersprint Manifold and full exhaust, GSR induction kit and a remap but you'll be lucky to see 15bhp gain even on a healthy engine.

Uprating the leads and skimming the head is pointless. As is tuning a Sporting. They're already quite "tuned" from the factory turning out 85bhp so not many gains to be had.

General concensus is buy a GT.

My friend had a mk2 sporting, he had an airfilter, striaght through exhaust n I think a 421 n it kept up with my gt up until 3gear where I was only just pullin away, maybe the mk2 shell is lighter or becus my car wasn't set up but it was still quick!!!

Just get them n ur laughin

to get a GT the insurance is a stupid price at my age so ill just go for a sporting and do those mods im just looking for a nice punto which sounds good, looks good and has abit of extra power for abit of fun, but thank you for the help.

you may find that the insurance goes up quite a bit with the mods (im including a cam not the GT one) youve mentioned and suspension and alloys which you havent

The mk1 sporting is as fast as it will get unless its chipped or remapped mine had catback exhaust and was no faster and they handle crap even with 40mm springs.

The mk1 sporting is as fast as it will get unless its chipped or remapped mine had catback exhaust and was no faster and they handle crap even with 40mm springs.

mines lowered by around 70mm front n back (coilovers) still handles notthat good lol by it does improve it alil tho, aswell as sum good tyres

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back