Exhale..?

prettygirl

i was reading about "oils well that ends well"it helped me out a bit.I got a leak fixed on my 98 honda civic EX early Jan 2006, I noticed that the oil light started coming on 2-3 wks ago (todays date 03-12-06) , so i would place in 10w30 in the car,as usual and of course the light will turn off only to come realize 1-2 wks that the light again came on. So with my work load that I carry I was unable to get the car back to the shop where the guy fixed the oil leak. I was driving it one hot, humid day. I have a business part time (top of full time job) and had to rush out. needless to say i was speeding. As I was driving I shifted down to 4th gear to get into the next lane then prompt to 5th gear to go faster as i attempted to accelerate all the diagnostic lights came on (car was running still) but wouldnt budge, So I shifted down to 4th and the car was still running but was then making a clicking sound(like the sound a card in bicycle spoke)but louder and harder. So I pulled over the shoulder. There was no smoke, no burning smell. I called the mechanic and told him to come pick up the car and take to his shop. He mentioned that he was trying to turn the wheel ( assuming the fly wheel)Now what do u suppose I have done to my vehicle.. I hope not alot of damage, I trust this mechanic ( alittle)I took it back to him only because he orig fixed it. I have alot of miles on the car. Are u able to provide me some expecations on the outcome of this poor car. I was already looking on ebay at flywheels, engines... If you can help any! Thnx

Carless in S.Texas :cry:

It's tough to diagnose without running some tests - gearbox could have thrown a tooth, driveshaft problems.

I think that you've probably had the news from the mechanic. What was the damage?

Sorry for short reply,, but i lost link and searched all over the net. Anyway I picked up my car from the mechanic who initially fixed the oil leak because I felt he was giving me run around. wanted "$500 us Dollars" amt of but couldnt give me a set price.. NO Thnx.. So towed it back home.. The Husband took a look under the hood and appears to be the crankshaft (well around that area) a friend of his have torn up Honda cars before and so thats where its at.. The husband said it may only be something minor.. He got under the crankshaft and pulled out what looks like a horse show with 2 screw on side... 1 screw missing and appears bent... But we are trying to figure out how the screw got unscrewed... could have been the mechanic husband says..MAN WHO CAN U TRUST THESE SAYS... :cry:

Hi - how is it going - did you get the problem sorted. It is a real shame when you get a mechanic that takes liberties. I find the bill higher when I send my wife to the garage with the car. So now I give her some technical info so she can bluff that she knows about cars and book the car in myself leaving my phone number and since then - we've had no problems or high bills!

I agree with Waynne - my girlfriend gets ripped off everytime she takes the car in the garage so now I have to take a day off work to run the car in!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back