Errors people make on their cars. :- Tuning mistakes

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Car Tuning Mistakes : It is often a minority of idiots that spoil it for the real enthusiasts when legislation is introduced outlawing various modifications.

Continue reading... or post your comments below on this article.

What irks me is the current fad/craze where the wheel rim is wider than the body and they stretch small undersize tyres on oversize wheels so the tyre fits inside the wheel arches.
Imo not only is this stupid I wonder if they will be covered should a tyre with a low pressure roll off the rim and crash as the tyre would not comply with the manufacturers recommended wheel size fitment guidelines.

Agreed, we had a member on here who thought this was super cool :eek:

It just fills me full of dread should an accident happen and the insurance assessors get to work on that claim o_O

The key is in the phrase......... stretch fitting

Anything that doest fit properly never works as well as something that does

Stretching was originally done for drifting purposes as it REDUCES grip. But then the MaccyDs lot got hold of it and thought it looked cool. I remember selling some decent Conti tyres on ebay and when the kid picked them up and told me he was going to stretch them I really wanted to not give them to him.

But tbh that doesn't bother me. What I HATE is pointless boomy exhausts on tiny four-pot engines. I love the sound of a supercharged Aston V8 but I detest chavs who think pointless noise impresses people.