Engine Swap(ECU Sawp ??)

Tinkering

Hi guys I am working on my 306 1.8i 8V 1996. I have got a EW10 D 2.0 16V Twin Cam 136 Bhp 206 Engine. I am working on the Engine Head at the moment and plan to rebuild the engine with bits of Modifications done to it.

But my main question is if I need to get 206 GTI ECU system from the market and replace with my 306 one or I can use my 306 ECU and use a Piggy Back System like SMT7 or use Indipendent VEMS system.

Any help will be great.[/img]

On a 206 engine you should use a 206 ecu. All the sensors will match up and the job should be easier. Sometimes cars immobilisers are wired into the ECU so you might also need to change locks. The other option is getting a custom ECU built but this takes a lot of time and experimentaion.

waynne said:
On a 206 engine you should use a 206 ecu. All the sensors will match up and the job should be easier. Sometimes cars immobilisers are wired into the ECU so you might also need to change locks. The other option is getting a custom ECU built but this takes a lot of time and experimentaion.

Thanks waynne I think I will stick with your Idea and buy a 206 GTI ECU and replace my locks and I think the (Number Key Pad Lock in my 306) will be useless after that?

i would really like a engine swap for my clio but the only thing ive seen is from k-tec racing and they want three kks my m8 droped a 2.0 16v lump into his 1.6 corsa dropped it put sum 16"s on it an dnow it goes like stink and engine suplied fitted all for a grand although the electrics are dodgy it idles at 2ooo rpm but surely i could sort sum fin out for the same price in or around?

i would really like a engine swap for my clio but the only thing ive seen is from k-tec racing and they want three kks my m8 droped a 2.0 16v lump into his 1.6 corsa dropped it put sum 16"s on it an dnow it goes like stink and engine suplied fitted all for a grand although the electrics are dodgy it idles at 2ooo rpm but surely i could sort sum fin out for the same price in or around?

it idles at 2k RPM? What, after its heated up? Lol, talk about wear and tear. Sounds pretty fun though!

yea he told me why but i cant remember what he said and yea it is good fun pity he cant drive it lol did you pay big bucks for that pug engine? got any usefull links? cheers

I think the EW10D is a HPi petrol unit so it's likely that the ECU is totally different to the one you're replacing. The HPi engines are quite different to the standard petrol units. Since Peugeot cleverly integrates the ECU into lots of other in-car systems you're almost certainly going to need the ECU from the 206.

Good luck.

Rgds,

Paul

hi

you will have to get your ecu unlocked as they are all coded to the car. changing the locks wil not make any diffrence.

simon

Pixel, yes, the two litre and aboe HDi's all have very high fifth gears. Mines at just over 70mph at 2000rpm. Diesels alway have long legs to make up for the smaller useable rev range.
I would not be happy with a 2000rpm idle - I'd be shredding brake pads on a weekly basis. And getting through fuel at a very impressive rate.