Engine service.

vr1066

Torque Junkie
Hi all,

I was just reading a thread about a guy who had an engine light wire cut.

It made me think (not a regular occurrence).

I was looking through the manual for my car and there's a page that talks about the main display (speedo etc).

Supposedly when I turn the ignition on I should receive a '0000' on my display, however I receive a different 'pattern'. The manual shows 2 different patterns, both telling you to go to the dealer. However it also tells you how to reset this back to '0000'.

Obviously the reason to visit the dealer is to have the engine serviced, and get fisted on the cash front.

Does anyone have knowledge on this subject? (not the fisting)

Is it worth going to the VW dealership instead off my usual garage? What are they going to do, simply follow what it says in the manual and charge me for it?

The car has recently been serviced and there appears to be no issues. It wasn't serviced at VW hence why they may not have checked the manual.

I have a 1993 VW Golf VR6.

Many good local garages will have the electronic engine diagnostics. You need to pull out the error code and that will point you in the right direction. Look for a garage registered as an MOT test center that also has a crypton tuning facility - neither of these factors help but they indicate the garage is modern and generally equipped for diagnostic faults.

How you doing? Not seen you around for a while.

Cheers wayne,

Been really busy with work lately but thats me now off for a couple of weeks now :D

Got a lot of stuff to catch up on including the car, managed to get it polished the other day. Everytime I tried to get it done it rained!!!

Should be a bumper pay day day next month with all the over time I've done so I should have enough for a new manifold :D Although I'm tempted to go on a motor bike license crash course instead :?