'ello, 'ello !

Dippydo

Car
Audi 1.9Tdi Sport
Hey all, I'm Dipesh n have literally just bought my first Audi - an A3 Sportback(ie 5 doors) 1.9 Tdi Sport . Seems to be a very informed forum ! Haven't done much mods before but thought i'd do some cosmetic work before taking the plunge with tuning .

As its a Sport, it is already 15 mm lower than normal ones but apparently another 15mm is still achievable . Coilovers ?? Any specific ones recommended ?

While am at it , alloys - i've got the usual 17 inch wheels . What would u say are worth getting ? Got a flexible budget but it won't stretch too far !

Appreciate all ya'lls help .

hey and welcome to the site mate,
actually think its 20mm lower as the VW and Seats are (all use the same parts)
you can normally go down to around 40mm before you start getting issues with the ARB, there are a few recommendations for this that allow you to go further.
19" wheels will fit if you want to go that far.
have you thought about fitting the S3 parts to it ? wings bumpers

as for tuning get it remapped ;)

A set of RS or TT wheels would look very nice indeed on it. As for suspension I'd go with Bilstein and make sure they are adjustable so you can set them up to suit your preference.

Thnx for the ideas guys . I have thought about remapping but ... have heard that remapping, although safe , does lead to more wear in some parts eg clutch . Related to that, the car will also need servicing more frequently . Fact or fiction ??

As regards lowering, does that mean that the most i can lower the car is 20mm ??

So many ideas, so lil' ££ !!

of course it leads to more frequent servicing as your asking the enigne to do more. but an oil change is what £35-40 using vw/audi oil every 6 months. yes it will also wear the clutch but you could wear it more just with bad driving on the standard map.
driven nicely i doubt youd hardly notice the excess wear on it. by this is mean dont race it from the lights.

as for lowering hell no there some oout there that are down around 100mm. just need to fit a new ARB. at most id say go 50mm from standard (so about 30mm)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back