Driving blind - Dont do it.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
This is just really a heads up thread. We've all done this at one point. You end up driving into a space you can't see. Perhaps the rain, mist or low sun has temporarily blinded you.

Has this ever happened to you? I think we have all been tempted to chance it but it really is a bad move.

This happened to me 3 times so far, once I reversed into a pretty sturdy wooden post and dented the rear bumper. That was the last time I ever did it and I learnt from my mistake!

Evening sun is a bastard to deal with.

So is twilight when headlights don't do much useful work and other drivers don't have theirs on.

Here in India night time driving is a real pain, 90 percent of the drivers have their main beams on, and rarely dip their lights, in addition, most use 100/90W headlight bulbs,accidents are very common.

if you suddenly get blinded by the setting sun and someone is behind you what to do? you cant stop as they will rear-end you, so no choice just have to keep going - but it really is a bit of a bugger.

have also done this in the mist, and have to really work on the fact that someone else who is driving around would have thought to turn on their foglights, had a couple of close calls in the fog - its amazing the disorientation that can set in.

This time of year is always dodgy in the mornings for me but only whilst getting out of the cul-de-sac where i live. As i drive out the sun is full on in my face, lowering the visor and polarised shades make little difference, it's epic. Once out i'm fine as i head in a South Westerly direction and the sun is behind me. Coming home in the evening is fine too, the sun is on it's last legs then and behind me once again.