Do you use a tyre polish

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
A lot of my friends use a tyre finish that leaves the tyres all shiny and black. I prefer to just have clean black tyres and I think the shiny tyre looks cheap and tacky.

What are your thoughts on tyre polish? What do you clean your tyres with or do you not bother cleaning them?

I use a spray on my tyres and it makes them look brand new....But like already said only for a few mins.... I only do it so they look clean and shine like the rest of the car while it is sat before I take it out an get it dirty again lol :D:D:D:D

back to black tyre shine is what i use, i only use it when waxing the car just so it looks nice and clean, even just for 5 mins

its a spray

its normal shoe polish in a tin, just has more oil/meths in it to give a deeper shine.
however it requires a base shine to work from
(trust me i went through 2 tins of normal shoe polish and 1 tin or parade gloss in a week doing 3 pairs of shoes)

I know a lot of car dealers used to use shoe polish on tyres, but only on cars in the show room.

I found a pen in Halfords for picking out detail on the tyre (like the manufacturers name and the tyre name) in white. It was in the motorcycle accessories section.

I don't think I can think of any manufacturers that do this themselves anymore, except on some off-road tyres. I wonder why this fashion has fallen from grace? If they still did it then one wouldn't have to scour the internet looking for stickers to go on the trailing edge of the wing!

The white tyre paint looks good on American hot rods or with cool brands and as you say on Off roaders like the Jeeps.

I'm not sure Nankang would be quite the same ;)

wrong pj,u need tyre to set of your rims properly,its all about detail when cleaning your car,theres nothing worse than having the car gleeming and waxwd and your rims nice and shiny and these horrible dull tyres,much rather have them jet black and shiny looking,and ive used most products and find turtle wax wet look(in the clear bottle with spray nozzle) or turtle wax (back to black) in the spray can

u can get a tyre polish that is a matt finish...which if looking for a nice clean tyre works well

plus it helps protect the rubber from strong sunshine and heat and thus prevents the rubber from cracking...

lol i dont even wash my car let alone polish the tyres :lol: i really dont see the point at the mo, roads dirty the car up in seconds, or it rains and washes off the dirt anyway :D

i always use the stuff! but then again i am a car detailer! i use zaino tire cleaner! its a really milky liquid and it last up to about 3 weeks, it doesnt make then like all synthtic n shiny! it just restores the rubber n gives them a wet look! a clean car with nice clean tires does look good, but like you say, if you use ur car really often then, is it worth all the work. you can get tire gloss which last for a long time tho