Do you get car jealousy

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you suffer from car jealousy? If you see someone in a Ferrari, Aston or other £100k plus car what are your thoughts?

1) Spoilt rich brat - more money than sense
2) Guy worked hard to get his dream car and so can I.
3) I can't have one of those so it's not fair he's got one.
4) I am soo jealous
5) I will nick it
6) I will just key it and remind him that not everyone has so much money

or something else?

None of the above.

I'm neither hard-working nor lucky enough to be able to afford a very expensive car and I don't see the point of poisoning myself with feeling jealous.

Your envy will not affect someone else's enjoyment of what they have in any way so why bother.

It doesn't really bother me that much but I don't let some drivers out if they are being flash!This is typically the open top sports car with the radio blaring and driven by and oooo look at me sort of person.

I like to think they have earned it unless they look like their dad has given it to them for a birthday present and therefore drive it like a 'male bird' :blink1:

Not so much jealousy as just really wishing I could have said car..! CLK63 AMG Black Edition parked in Maidenhead last week, I'd have sold a kidney for it!

a car a is a car
and for the roof down music loud

i cant say much for that took kitt into work today went down to maccy d's for lunch with the roofs out music loud well when you in it driving its not loud the exhaust is lol

Haha. Yes and no I suppose but I have no one else to blame for that but myself. For those that want to read it, I'll tell the story.

For about three years before I bought my car I knew that I wanted a Mazda3. For whatever reason the styling just seemed to do me right. Anyways it got to the point where I had to buy a car. I mean it became a necessity so I absolutely had to get one. So I went to the local Mazda dealership in the fall of 2009 with every intention of getting a 2010 2.3L turbocharged Mazdaspeed3. What I didn't know at the time was that even though the 2010 2.5L Mazda3 GT was available that fall, the 2010 Mazdaspeed3 would not be availalble until the following fall. So because I needed a car I purchased the GT version. Still a nice car but not exactly the one I wanted haha. Now when I see the MS3 out on the road I feel sad deep down inside haha. It's not so much a story of jealously I guess. I just know that I could have also owned that car if only the circumstances were a bit different.

I dream car of all dream cars however is a BMW M3. I know one day I will achieve that dream.

I don't do jealousy. It's a dangerous emotion.

Indeed it is! I can name three examples at least of this! Basic Instinct with Michael Douglas, Play Misty For Me with Clint Eastwood, and Her Indoors one New Years eve night when I was grabbed by a drunken lady on the dance floor :lol:

Indeed it is! I can name three examples at least of this! Basic Instinct with Michael Douglas, Play Misty For Me with Clint Eastwood, and Her Indoors one New Years eve night when I was grabbed by a drunken lady on the dance floor :lol:

Needs careful management indeed. I've experienced similar once or twice.

Do you suffer from car jealousy? If you see someone in a Ferrari, Aston or other £100k plus car what are your thoughts?

1) Spoilt rich brat - more money than sense
2) Guy worked hard to get his dream car and so can I.
3) I can't have one of those so it's not fair he's got one.
4) I am soo jealous
5) I will nick it
6) I will just key it and remind him that not everyone has so much money

or something else?

None of the above
first I would always say all good luck to him for owning (or even renting :lol:) the car
Then I usually think how amusing it would be if his super car is made to look silly by a big green estate car.

The above doesnt apply to the new GTR