Dirt on engine

Jeppie

Car
Ford Ka 1.3i
Hello,

I have some problems containing the bolts on my 1.3i endura-e engine.
Due to dirt mixed up from a leak caused by lack of attention probably from the mechanic (wich i have already fixed), i cant get the bolts lose, and i really want to port the heads etc.
I was hoping that some of you got some good advice for me.

greetings,

Give the bolts a really good soaking overnight in a penetrating lubricant, like Plusgas for example. That should give you a fighting chance to untighten them. make sure the tools you use are of good quality so as limit the possibility of rounding the head of the bolts off. :D

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)
Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own special project!
Enjoy! :)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

gas then to heat them up.

penetrating oil and gentle tap to tighten the bolt can break the seals to help lossen them off. down side is you could end up shearing the bolt

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

gas then to heat them up.

penetrating oil and gentle tap to tighten the bolt can break the seals to help lossen them off. down side is you could end up shearing the bolt

really tanx a lot for your advice i think ill give it a try when i have the time again! can you believe this, just because one moran mechanic is to lazy to make sure the screws from the engine cover are screwed tight enough, pffff

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back