Dealing with a shiny dash

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you deal with a shiny dash? I think we've probably all been here.

You buy a new car with a highly polished dash, you go mad with the silicone spray for the first and only time in your life or you get the car back from a valet and someone has buffed up the dash.

Washing it down with jif cleaner on a cloth works for me but it leaves a bit of residue.

Thankfully my Audi dash is a textured matt finish so it is not really a problem but every other car I've had suffered from a bright dash.8)

Never had a shiny dash before! In the Civic it's a material that just doesn't want to shine!
use baby oil, i do and it brings up the whole interior

now i like having a shiny dash, but i also know what a lot of people hate about it,
its the reflection you get on the windscreen on a sunny day

now i have used baby wipes on my dash, and believe it or not, theres no shine when it dries
so if ye guys who hate shinny dashboards want to give that a try

:lol: Yes i do, hate it when i have a dusty one. Integra dash is quite good though, even when its shiny i dont get any glare.

:lol: Yes i do, hate it when i have a dusty one. Integra dash is quite good though, even when its shiny i dont get any glare.
well, use baby oil

put some on a small sponge and wipe all around
tip; get some baby oil with aloe vera in it, that will give the car a nice fragrence

you learn something new everyday

i use this on everything, door cards, dash, centre console, even the sills on the door frame
il tell you man, it works

:lol: I do like HDI suggestion of not cleaning it. Dust is not reflective so that seems to be the low effort solution to the problem.

As if men need an excuse not to clean. Just as most men are red green colour blind it also follows that most men cannot see dirt;)