De-Cat Advice

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
Hi everyone in TorqueCars world!

I need some opinions and advice. To cut a long story short, by manifold needs replacing (only 3 pipes out of the 4 are working). I could have it welded up, but I was planning on getting a cat back exhaust, so I figure I might as well get a stainless steel manifold to match. But I'm not sure about getting a de-cat.

Obviously it'll be better for performance, but I am planning a road trip around europe next year and don't fancy getting pulled every 5 minutes by the police because of the noise or anything.

Assuming emissions weren't a problem, would you get a de-cat or just keep the original cat?

Thanks!

Low BP cat is fine. Can be pricey though. Don't drive around with no cat at all. It will spoil the holiday. Even if you don't get clobbered the thought of the risk you might is enough.

what year is your motor

if you was going to do alot of driving i would not stick a stainless system on
i would go for something a bit quieter even if its for your own ears

You'll be fine tbh. Four out of five of our cars were decatted, and a couple had some serious attention attracting stickers on (swear words, rude pictures, mirrorred vinyl) and we had no problems with the police at all in any country (expect when we got stuck on the beach). Massive fireballs out of the back of my mates Evo, huge bangs and still no problems.

Quite the opposite actually, they try to ignore you more than anything in our experience. The police would have absolutely no idea if you had a cat or not, even if they looked around your car how could they prove it.

You'll be fine tbh. Four out of five of our cars were decatted, and a couple had some serious attention attracting stickers on (swear words, rude pictures, mirrorred vinyl) and we had no problems with the police at all in any country (expect when we got stuck on the beach). Massive fireballs out of the back of my mates Evo, huge bangs and still no problems.

Quite the opposite actually, they try to ignore you more than anything in our experience. The police would have absolutely no idea if you had a cat or not, even if they looked around your car how could they prove it.

Thanks mate. Just the kind of answer I was hoping for! Mind has been made up.