De-badge??

kylevw

Wrench Pro
Car
vw polo mk4 1.6cl
Hey does anybody know if the badges on the boot of a mk4 polo 1996 is held on with clips or glue? Thanks all.

My Audi ones were on sticky pads. Lift them away and probe behind with a wire and you can see if it is a stud or just a pad.

A quick call to your local VW bodyshop will settle any doubt. (I'm assuming your talking about the "2.0 GTi Turbo" badge rather than the VW badge?

ull find the one on the grill is either a clip on, or the grill is desinged to have the badge pinned to it

the back of the car will usually have stick on badges which can be removed it u heat up the glue with a hair dryer
and use a blunt screw driver to pry it off to not scratch car

If its stuck on, buy some heavy duty fishing line and put it behind the badge and do a sawing motion....it cuts through the neoprene, then clean off whats left with sticky stuff remover..

If its stuck on, buy some heavy duty fishing line and put it behind the badge and do a sawing motion....it cuts through the neoprene, then clean off whats left with sticky stuff remover..

or an alternative is pour boiling water on (soften the glue) and use dental floss (in a sawing motion as above) and whit spirits to remove the rest

All you need buddy is a hairdryer and your hands mate.
Warm the badge up with hairdryer, not to much though just enough to make the glue soft. Then pull the badge off and if you leave some of the glue behind just warm it up gently and rub across it with your finger. It should roll off with your finger buddy. After you have it all off just go over it with some T-cut or something similar.

i did it on a vauxhall corsa c about a week ago, used a hairdryer,pliers,dental floss and a cloth (with warm water to remove what was left). this method works a treat provided they are stuck on with adhesive. i think with a vw polo, removing the "VW" badge will leave an indent of a circle on the back so id say leave that but this method works great for the "polo" and the "1.2" or whatever it is.

Its Stuck on with glue - I Just got a flat tip screw driver and pulled it out.
P170310_174103.jpg