Could you run a supercar

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If someone gave you a free Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin or Porsche do you think you could afford to run it for a few years or would the maintenance and repair costs simply be too much?

Drive for 5 mths and save the money for the rest of the year lol. Seriously, no. Not even if I have some of the best priced I could think of. :(

Never thought about it really. I'm not aware that Porsche's cars are prohibitely expensive to maintain. Of course I can't afford to buy one but they're not known for being unreliable.

Maintenence labour costs in particular is a major expense. My Porsche needed work on the gearbox. It wasn't the parts that were expensive it was the time taken to dismantle most of the back end to get the gearbox out! Being low, sleek, sophisticated cars means their design is not the most mechanic friendly sometimes. I'm still keeping my car though :)

What you have to remember is that someone put it together so it must come apart. If you own it you can fix it. Some jobs may take a bit of time but with the internet and forums like this, any car is servicable. I'll take the Ferrari, LoL

My old man got rid of his second 911 years ago because of the running costs, parts inparticular.

I suppose it depends entirely on how often you use the car and how much work you can do on it yourself, but most of these cars aren't easy to work on like a Focus or an Astra! I probably could if it was a second car, never as a daily driver especially with my tendency to buy GOOD parts and tyres not cheap crap.

Yes
Expect mine is higher than most Supercars. I budget 8.4k a year for mods/maintenance & keeping it top of the tree. Clutch lasts 2k miles & tyres last not much longer. I save on insurance £1k & tax £200.

:eek: A new clutch every 2000 miles! That soon adds up! I'm moaning about having to get one at 70k, perhaps I should just bite down hard and pay up like a man!

I'd sell it & get a Supra, MR2 turbo, Silvia, RX7 or something like that.

That having been said I've never driven a Ferarri or Maserati or Lamborghini.

I would run a new gtr if someone gave it to me and the mrs gave up koi carp,she just put 4 in the pond at a cost of £3000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

If someone gave you a free Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin or Porsche do you think you could afford to run it for a few years or would the maintenance and repair costs simply be too much?

wont be able to handle it. anyways god gave the man mind, so he created car tuning where every car can beat a ferrari and cost cheaper lol