A supercar as your main car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Could you live with a supercar as your main car?

For this one ignore the running costs and just think about the practicalities. If you had an Atom, Ferrari, Caterham or Aston Martin or similar as your only car would it work? Would it fit into your lifestyle?

Which car would you choose as your daily car and why?

Yeah I'd happily drive around an Aston, it's relatively practical and looks the nuts. However moving over to Lamborghini's and Zonda's and the like I'm pretty sure I'd have to move country due to the appalling state of the roads in this one!

I suppose they do a 4 door one now! Panamera or cayenne - oh it's still a hard decision?

If you make the family walk a 2 door makes sense and widens the choice.

Absolutely! Although my baby does not have the drop dead gorgeous looks of a supercar used on a daily basis, it does have the performance and more importantly - the fuel consumption and insurance premiums of one :lol:

^^ I always thought that a Hyper car was the next stage up to the Supercar :blink:

@ Rudders666, what about the Porsche Carrera GT?
612 BHP and 5.7 litre V10, would you say that this was a Supercar? It does carry a price tag of £330k :)

Hummm! Its just that I was looking on YouTube about the FILTHY rich car owners in Dubai. According to them, Supercars are so last year, what everyone is doing now is taking a Supercar and modifying the living daylights out of it and taking it to Hyper car status. Lamborghinis Aventadors now running 1200BHP, Mercedes SL Black running 900BHP etc etc.

^^ I always thought that a Hyper car was the next stage up to the Supercar :blink:

@ Rudders666, what about the Porsche Carrera GT?
612 BHP and 5.7 litre V10, would you say that this was a Supercar? It does carry a price tag of £330k :)

Well that one yes, obviously. But that's a small number made at the top of their range in their own "supercar" bracket. Normal every porsche's (as nobody clarified at the time which one) are not supercars in my eyes is all.

why wouldnt the Porsche count as a super car ? it is holding its own against Lambos/Ferrari etc in Acceleration/handling and top speed ... But then again what is a Super car to you ? ..

Back to topic , i aswell Think a Porsche would be good for daily needs , it has enough ground clearance to handle town streets , has good Fuel consumption when not driven like a race car , you can easily see your surroundings while inside a Porsche tnx to its design , it is small and easy to maneuver , and since im single the amount of passengers and Luggage isnt really a problem .. i also hear the New 911 GT3 filters the air , as in the air for the emissions is actually cleaner than the air taken in .. so yeah why not practical and environment friendly ..oh and the engine is calm and not disturbing on low Rpms unlike many super cars

Last edited:
A friend of mine runs an LP560-4 as his daily... seems to get on with it just fine. Typical VAG group its as easy to drive as an Audi A4. Most 'supercars' are far easier to live with nowadays than they where years back...