Torque Cars

Corsa C stereo upgrade

Discussion in 'ICE installs' started by Racer75, 5 June 2013.

1. Racer75

Racer75 Wrench Pro

Scotland, Glasgow
    Car:
    BMW 323i (e36)
    Hi all.

I recently sold my Rover 25 in order to buy a much more sensible '51 plate Corsa C 1.0. Unfortunately, the original radio/cassette stereo system packed in after 1 week :( I sourced a used aftermarket JVC unit and an adaption kit but the wires in the back of the new stereo stick out to far and I can't fit the stereo properly ie. the input in the old stereo in inbuilt making it and easy unit to fit, whereas the new unit and the wires it uses cause the unit to be pressed forward making it impossible to secure the JVC in place.

Any help would be appriciated

Cheers :D

2. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Is there not anywhere for you to tuck the wires into?

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Ideally there should be a space to tease the cables down into. Failing this, I have seen an extension fascia kit which the cage for the stereo fits into snuggly and raises the front fascia about 25 mm off the dashboard.
    Might be worth a google search.

4. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Can you get your hand up behind the dash and reach the headunit wires?

5. Racer75

Racer75 Wrench Pro

Scotland, Glasgow
    Car:
    BMW 323i (e36)
    There are blue male inputs in the car which stick out for the old radio unit to slot into, these however, force the new adaptor forward and cannot be moved or taken away

6. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Blackie likes this.
  7. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    It's amazing what you can find on You Tube these days :)

Blackie and davalav like this.
  8. Blackie

Blackie Wrench Pro

N.Ireland
    Car:
    Getz Sport 1.6 16v
    Worst case scenario, if your still struggling, unscrew the four screws holding the glove box in place, then you can get easy access to the rear of the stereo and you can reach the wires and pull them down in

obi_waynne likes this.