corsa b sensors

corsabalex

Wrench Pro
Car
corsab need newcar!
if i put an induction kit and decat pipe on my corsa will it ruin any sensors? mite put them on just for a bit of fun :) and see if the perfomance changes its a start at least :)
thanks

No, you won't do any harm. Four pot petrol engines have one lambda sensor mounted in the exhaust manifold very close to the engine. Removing the the cat will do no harm at all, apart from the fact that you'll probably struggle to get it through an MoT and that it might technically be regarded as unroadworthy which might give you insurance problems.

No, you won't do any harm. Four pot petrol engines have one lambda sensor mounted in the exhaust manifold very close to the engine. Removing the the cat will do no harm at all, apart from the fact that you'll probably struggle to get it through an MoT and that it might technically be regarded as unroadworthy which might give you insurance problems.
will the induction kit effect the air mass meter?

i have had one before were a induction kit was a course of not running right
but i dont think they do much anyway only make it sound a bit beefy if you can do that

i have tryed them on my old cars and never found any differnce

Anyone know much about the GM TWINPORT engines? Is this similar to the twin plenum chambers that the Rover SD1 Vitesse used in later years?

There has to be some means of measuring airflow. Earlier MAFs often use a sprung late in the intake manifold.

The current systems use the hot wire anemometer type of sensor. This system was invented by Lucas and the first application was the 2.0 Austin Montego Vanden Plas EFi way back in 1984!!!!