Corsa B Kid

oJNAo

Car
Vauxhall Corsa B
Hey all, been driving a while and after driving my first car for a while I thought I'd make it a reasonable car to drive rather than just another old banger. The last few months I've just been upgrading parts as they need replacing and been a member of CorsaSport for a while now who have been great help.

Currently got 15" Astra MK3 alloys in black on my little blue beast, a modified brake system on the front including mintex pads, and a few other bits and pieces here and there, along with a GSI spoiler and MHW Smoked rear lights to fit onto it soon.

Next on my list is a new backbox and to put in a straight through pipe as my standard backbox had been silently rusting and fell off .V( To replace it I think I'd like a reasonably priced 2" one not something like the Sportex backboxes or similar.

Any help or tips towards my car is appreciated as I'm always learning new things about it|B

Welcome CBK I am not familiar with your car so the best advice I can give is to maintain it regularly and have the best tyres your budget allows as they are way more important than the bling bling shiny wheels that some are wont to have/think are more important than the tyres and take some more instruction on the art of being a safe,skillful and the best driver you can be.

Welcome CBK I am not familiar with your car so the best advice I can give is to maintain it regularly and have the best tyres your budget allows as they are way more important than the bling bling shiny wheels that some are wont to have/think are more important than the tyres and take some more instruction on the art of being a safe,skillful and the best driver you can be.

Bought Hankook ones with slimmer sidewalls for my alloys when I bought them, the price difference between them and budget tyres was only £8!

What model/engine is your Corsa? I've had a few B's myself, one of which was an SRi model.

A wee 1.4 8v which was quicker than the 1.4 16v sport that came after it!

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? Will it be a daily driver or a weekend fun car project? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Be careful about the positioning of the straight through exhaust pipe buddy. If there was a middle box there to begin with and it is removed for a straight piece of pipe, on some cars this might have a tendency to induce a droning noise at high speeds and this will certainly creep into the cabin area. You might be better of having a small middle box instead just to take the edge of the exhaust note and reduce the boom effect. Have a word with a performance exhaust fitter first for some informed advice about this before you open your wallet ;)

What model/engine is your Corsa? I've had a few B's myself, one of which was an SRi model.

A wee 1.4 8v which was quicker than the 1.4 16v sport that came after it!

1.4 8v Breeze edition bud and it's in decent nick for a 16 year old hatchback!

Be careful about the positioning of the straight through exhaust pipe buddy. If there was a middle box there to begin with and it is removed for a straight piece of pipe, on some cars this might have a tendency to induce a droning noise at high speeds and this will certainly creep into the cabin area. You might be better of having a small middle box instead just to take the edge of the exhaust note and reduce the boom effect. Have a word with a performance exhaust fitter first for some informed advice about this before you open your wallet ;)

Thanks for the advice, I was looking at the Hoffman pipe and 2" backbox as it's stainless steel and quite cheap but I don't fancy a drone :)

What brands would you suggest?

Sometimes going the custom route can be better value for money than you would think. Have a look at Longlife and Magnaflow as a couple of examples. You should also Google local performance exhaust centres as there may be a company available who could make your money go even further. Note: Once you have spoken to the fitter of your choice, Google any reviews on them to see if your choice is a good one based on other peoples feedback. Remember! Money is much better of in your wallet than in their till ;)

Sometimes going the custom route can be better value for money than you would think. Have a look at Longlife and Magnaflow as a couple of examples. You should also Google local performance exhaust centres as there may be a company available who could make your money go even further. Note: Once you have spoken to the fitter of your choice, Google any reviews on them to see if your choice is a good one based on other peoples feedback. Remember! Money is much better of in your wallet than in their till ;)

Garage I had my service done with a couple weeks ago do performance exhausts and they're a sound bunch of lads so I'll give them a ring tomorrow!

Appreciate the help |B

Do you have an update for us buddy, how did you get on?

Most prices for stainless steel exhaust systems were around £250-£350 depending on what brand I had etc. so I went for a cheap replacement in the meanwhile with the cybox centre pipe with silencer and 2.5" backbox.

Would love a full powerflow/scorpion system but I would only get one if I end up dropping a C20xe engine in my car :)

The mrs has a little Corsa C 1.2 SXI. Tidy little thing (Now i'm bloody looking after it!) I keep trying to convince her to let me throw a Z20LET engine in. But she's having none of it! Ah well. Welcome to the forums :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back