Corrado Throttle Cable Issues

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Hi. My daughter has an 8v 2l M Reg Corrado. She loves it to death, but it has a very heavy throttle pedal. We have tried silicone spray where we can reach and checked for any obvious kinks.

The pedal is loose when the cable is disconnected and the engine end seems OK. New cables appear to be obsolete so we are stuck. I have set up an eBay search, but wondered if any of you VW geeks :) had any ideas as to why it is so stiff or have a spare cable lying around?

What is it like at the throttle end? Any large bends in the run from the pedal to the throttle? I'm sure someone out there can make up a new cable for you if this is what's needed.

Surely they are generic parts and perhaps Golf ones have the same part numbers? Have you removed the cable and checked it for ease of movement? If stiff hang it up and soak the liner with fluid. If the pedal and throttle are okay then it must be the cable condition or run.

That is the next thing to do, but she uses it every day as BF lives in London and we are in Essex. As you say, take it off and check for stiffness and soak until tender :)

Just lie to her and tell her its a fuel saving mechanism, and if that doesn't wash say its a health car. It makes your right foot do a work out every time you dirve it.

Sorted. - I am such a clever mechanic. I can fix most things with bull poo, just like most mechanic's :lol:

mmmm ive just gave it a quick look
2ltr 8 v woudl be the ADY or 9A engine

part number is 1H0 723 555 L
price inc vat £24.57
However under the remarks it doesnt say if its for LHD or RHD where as the rest do.

there was one for the PG (1.8ltr G60 enigne ) KR( 1.8ltr) 9A(2.0) and 2E (2.0)
part number 536 723 555 which was dropped september last year without replacement at nearly £40

did do a quick google "replacement 536 723 555 cable" and it came back with

1993 Corrado VW Replacement Parts
www.wagenstad.com/index.php?modid=114&page=7-129-00(30), 536 723 555, accelerator cable, rhd, 1, PG,KR,9A,2E. (30), 1H0 723 ... (30), 536 723 555 A, accelerator cable F >> 50-S-000 855, rhd, 1, ABV. (30), 536 723 ...

as the top hit website is - http://www.wagenstad.com/index.php?modid=114&page=7-129-00
but it says its down for a few days.

The (30) 1H0 723 is making me think that the part number above may be suitible as it is number 30 on the parts diagram below

Corradothrottle.jpg

Reactions: Loz
mmmm ive just gave it a quick look
2ltr 8 v woudl be the ADY or 9A engine.........The (30) 1H0 723 is making me think that the part number above may be suitible as it is number 30 on the parts diagram below

Geat, thanks PG. I will look into these options tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

She hasn't been home in daylight since so I haven't had a check to see if the diagrams match actuality. I will let you know soonest.